Monday, November 23, 2009

The Cursed Story

I think I may have a short story that is cursed. I wrote it back in May, and it is the first short story I wrote when I decided to start writing short fiction. It has been out in submissions ever since, and has never had a rejection. However all three of the places I sent it went out of business while it was submited to them. I have just sent it in to Semaphore an online magazine of specualtive fiction. If they go out of business I may have to retire the story for the sake of the the small presses everywhere.

In other news, I broke 40,000 words on nanowrimo. 50,000 by the end of the month doesn't seem so crazy now. I don't think the novel will be done at 50,000 words but I plan on writing like its nanowrimo until its done. I think it is going to come in around 70,000 words, of course it is a zombie novel so if I get really tired of writing some of the characters I can end thier arcs by having them get killed.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that Aldrobe. 'Tis the sad way of the publishing industry. A writer friend of mine has had five stories orphaned in the last month.

    ReplyDelete