Thursday, January 7, 2010

How I Spent Christmas

The day after Christmas I was going to blog about the weather, and how it effected our Christmas plans. I forgot about it, but our local radio station posted some pictures and I thought I'd share.

Here is Christmas Eve Day. It was chilly in the thirties, and we still had a little snow, from a previous storm. Everything froze over the night before and it was a pretty idylic image of winter in a small town.


Her was christmas.
This is a picture of main street, notice the drifts so high you can't see most of the buildings on the other side of the street.


This is about 1/2 block from the first picture, this is a picture of the corner at 2nd st. and main


This is a picture taken about a block from my house

So on Christmas Day no one came over and we stayed in. Jessy and I opened our presents from each other and ate a gluttonously on the prime rib that she had prepared to feed everyone. We did have Christmas later with everyone else.

All in all I have to say it was one of the most relaxing Christmas Day's I've ever had. The storm didn't bother me at all, we kept inside and kept warm.

Of course our drive way is in the alley and they don't plow those, so I couldn't get my car out until the following Tuesday and ended up walking to work Monday.

Photos were taken from http://www.chadrad.com/photogroup.cfm?id=556 if you're curious to see more you can vist thier website.

No comments:

Post a Comment