Friday, July 2, 2010

Zero Gravity, Summer Reading, and... the weather?

Zero Gravity has closed and all the rejections and acceptances have been sent out. With over 500 submissions it was taking up a ton of my free time, but I have no doubt it will be worth every minute. The final product is going to be amazing. This is going to be one I am really proud of.

The Summer Reading Program is all but over. We still have to give out prizes and have the end of the year pool party, but after that things should calm down a bit. Of course next week is Fur Trade Days, a local summer celebration. So next week I will be giving a presentation on the history of the library, and I will proably have to ride on a float in the parade, something which I am not looking forward to. Spending a few hours exposed to the July sun, when you are basically allergic to sunlight, does not sound like a fun idea.
But I should be able to hunker down and get back into Godswar. This little break has given me a ton of ideas.

Finally, it has been really hot here. Super hot. How hot you ask?
Hot enough to make classy well to-do old ladies drop the F-bomb. Thats right today when I was leaving the store, there was a group of older ladies in front of me. They were in thier 80s and 90s. They were all made up, complete with dresses and pearls. They looked like they were going to church. When they walked out the door one of them exclaimed "F--- it's hot out here!"
I couldn't help myself, I burst out laughing. Which made me feel like I was immature kid. Oh well. I'll just blame it on the f---ing heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment