Thursday, May 10, 2012

Crossing My Fingers

I just emailed to ask about the status of one of my short stories that I submitted a few months ago. The market was only looking for one story and was offering pro rates. I got an email back saying I have one of the last four stories in consideration. I kind of feel like I am on a reality show and I made the finale. Crossing my fingers, that this might actually be my first published pro sale.


If I lose I need to remember to be gracious and thank the judges and shake the other contestants hands, after that the host will give me a big hug and tell me how great I am and that I just had an off night and tell me how I’ll get that record deal someday and…or um…guess it isn’t that much like a reality show, but it is still pretty cool.

Side Note: For those of you who remember and are wondering, yes I did have one other pro sale but the publisher went under after paying me but before my story was ever printed, leaving that particular story in a weird limbo.

No comments:

Post a Comment