Thursday, March 4, 2010

Waiting...

So I have to leave for my dental appointment in fifteen minutes, and I needed something to do besides pace around the house and be nervous. So I thought I'd write a post on what I am woring on.

Short Stories:

I currently have no plans on writing short stories. I just got knocked out of the writing shoot our between Pill Hill Press and Liquid Imagination so I have one new short to give a good edit to and send off. Comments and scores (on a scale of 1-10) on the story ranged from a 3- "this reads like a bad Conan comic" to a 9- "This was a fun fantasy romp, I would like to see expanded into a novel"

I still have 12 stories out.

Novels:

The Lion of Solkara has gotten another rejection, maybe it is just a little too cliched, but I sent it out again. Kingdom of the Dead has the first three chapters submited and I am waiting on a response, as I wait I am doing a good edit of everything else. Summer's Blood, there is something wrong with this story and I am having trouble figureing out how to fix it. The begining feels forced, like I wanted to get to the later parts and I rushed the first couple of chapters. I am having trouble editing it. God's War, I am on chapter 9, and working towards the finish, this one is coming along nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment