Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Procrastination Helper Part 1

I’m back. And I did not win the jackpot. I am however very tired so instead of a long winded post about writing or some odd little post where I think I am funny, I have decided to tell you all about two web series that I have been watching. I have to give credit where credit is do and say that I found out about both of these from reading Patrick Rothfuss’ blog. He is a New York Times bestseller so I figure I am in good company when I watch these instead of write. So here are a couple of tools to help all you procrastinators out there.




The first is called The Guild, here is the Wikipedia description: The show revolves around the lives of an online guild, The Knights of Good, who play countless hours of an unnamed MMORPG video game. The story focuses on Codex, the guild's Priestess, who attempts to lead a normal life after one of her guild-mates, Warlock Zaboo (Sandeep Parikh), shows up on her doorstep.

While I have never really gotten into MMORPG games my old paper and dice roll playing was enough to let me see the humor in the show. You can watch it HERE or it is also out in DVD. I even think you can get it via Netflix.

The second is called The Legend of Neil, here is the Wikipedia description: The series follows Neil, who is sucked into the world of The Legend of Zelda while playing the game. As he travels Hyrule he is mistaken for the hero of the game, Link. The series is "full of self degrading, foul humor", such as when Neil is being sucked into the game he is masturbating and strangled himself with his NES controller.

For this one I have to warn everyone that there are some pretty crude jokes and adult language/themes. But I am guessing you get that from the fact that the Wikipedia description tells you that the main character enters the Legend of Zelda through autoerotic asphyxia. There are parts that are laugh out loud funny, and other parts that make you give a nervous uncomfortable giggle, but as a former Legend of Zelda player, I really enjoyed it. (Yes I have beaten the game, unlike Neil) You can watch episodes HERE

1 comment:

  1. Wow, the Legend of Zelda brings back memories. I can't count the hours I wasted playing that thing as a kid. It was my favorite NES game, though I was horribly disappointed with Zelda 2.

    ReplyDelete