Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Story Published & A Glimpse Of My Nerdhood

Hi all, sorry I haven’t posted in awhile. I’ve been super busy doing stuff for my real job, as a children’s librarian, and I haven’t had time to do much writing. I do have a new short story out in the April issue of Bards & Sages Quarterly.




Here is the description from amazon:

Where else will you find angels, aliens, dragons, werewolves, talking crayons, and evil garden gnomes all in the same place? Each issue of the Bards and Sages Quarterly brings readers engaging, original speculative fiction from both new and established authors. Also in this issue: our writers talk about why they write speculative fiction.

The part about werewolves is me. Yep, that’s right I did one of the classics. I tried to put my own spin on it, by setting it in ancient Rome It also has a bit of a twist ending, but I think that is okay sometimes.

This one popped into my head when I was surfing the net and  came across Lupercalia, the ancient Roman holiday also known as the Festival of the Wolf…

I almost deleted that last sentence. I went back and forth. But I decided that I am okay with you knowing that I googled holidays in ancient cultures one day when I was bored. Yes, it is a glimpse of just how nerdy I am but hey, this blog is about sharing. Right?

Anyway a preview of Bards & Sages can be seen HERE, and a print copy can be purchased off of Amazon HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment