Friday, March 2, 2012

A Little Flare (Up)

There was some good news and some bad news for me today—The bad news: Today my stomach hurts, I am running a fever, my brain feels cloudy, my muscles ache, my joints are swollen, stiff and arthritic, and I can barely stay awake. The good news: I feel ten times better than I did yesterday and a hundred times better than I felt on Wednesday. Yes it was a lupus flare up, and was quite a big one, at least for me.


I have no doubt that my minor case of discoid lupus has become systemic lupus erythematosus as the doctors had told me it might. Of course, like an idiot, I didn’t go to the doctor to be sure. The only thing I felt like doing on Wednesday was sleeping, and the last two days I went to work despite feeling awful. (I am trying to save up sick days for when the twins are born). So there is no diagnosis for sure, I am going to have to force myself to go to the doctor next time I have a flare up.

I guess I can always be grateful that this flare up only lasted a couple of days, and that, judging from that last few years of discoid lupus, they will be rare. (Crossing my fingers)

I ended up breaking my new year’s resolution to write at least 400 words a day. Yesterday my knuckles were so swollen I couldn’t type, but it was leap day so I am not sure if I have to count it. I mean it isn’t like its really a day. Its kind of a pretend day that a bunch of super smart math guys added to the calender so that we wouldn't have christmas in June. Anyway, despite this set back I am growing closer to the end of Blood Plague aka Blood Plague War aka Chronicles of the Blood Plague aka the book I can’t seem. It was super annoying to take a day off when the end is in sight.

Of course I did get a chance to watch most of Season 3 of The League, so it wasn’t all a waste. I found a website online where I could watch it for free, which kind of sounds shady to me, but I figure the network would sue and get them to take it off line if they were really upset about it. Hopefully if it is an illegal site they will take pity on the poor lupus stricken writer who couldn’t type and not arrest me.

This season of the show doesn’t have much fantasy football but it does have “vinegar strokes”, and “zipper fairies” every episode seems to be more about sex than fantasy football, but it is still funny. It just seems to have lost a little bit of its focus, a problem that I have no doubt they will fix before the season is over. The writers of the show are a little crude, and sometimes they like to beat you over the head with the plot, but they are pretty good writers.

No comments:

Post a Comment