Friday, June 10, 2011

A Story Published

Hey all. Just wanted to mention that my story “The Last Hero” is now available in Library of Horror Press’ Alienology: Tales from the Void anthology. This story was my first foray into superhero fiction. It tells the story of one of earth’s last superheroes after an alien invasion. I couldn't really tell  you a lot more than that, it was accepted waaaay back in September of 2009 and I haven't read it since then, and to be honest, I don't remember the story  very well. Which is kind of weird. Maybe in a few years I will be able to go back and read my early stuff and not remember it at all...then I could be my own fan or, more likely, my own critic. Hmmm...  Anyway, you can buy the anthology HERE




That leaves five stories that are waiting on publication and six stories that I am still trying to find a home for. I haven’t been writing too many shorts of late so this might be it for awhile. When I have time to write I keep trying to finish up Blood Plague.

Speaking of Blood Plague, I think I figured out that last little piece of the story that is setting up the conclusion. I am hoping to get those two chapters written this weekend and then after that, if I have time to write, progress should fly on Blood Plague. Until about mid July or so I am only going to be able to write on weekends so it’s a little up in the air how long it will take, my wife and I already have plans for this weekend and next, summer gets so busy. I am estimating that I still have around 20,000 words left, which I could easily get done in a month or so in the spring or fall, but it is going to take a little longer than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment